This course will show you how you can work more efficiently by automating some tasks and providing methods to maintain consistency between documents. Word can be used to create complex documents that are nearly as complicated as those created using a desktop publishing application. Using Word, you can control how the text flows between paragraphs and pages, you can link a story on page one to the rest of the story later in the document, and you can add graphics and specify how the text and graphic appear together on the page.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for persons who can create and modify standard business documents in Microsoft® Word 2013, and who need to learn how to use Microsoft® Word 2013 to create or modify complex business documents as well as customized Word efficiency tools. It will be helpful for persons preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist exams for Microsoft® Word 2013.
- Work with tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Use images in a document.
- Create custom graphic elements.
- Insert content using Quick Parts.
- Control text flow.
- Use templates.
- Use mail merge.
- Use macros
Unit 1 Working with Tables and Charts
- Sort Table Data
- Control Cell Layout
- Perform Calculations in a Table
- Create a Chart
Unit 2 Customizing Formats Using Styles and Themes
- Create and Modify Text Styles
- Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Apply Document Themes
Unit 3 Using Images in a Document
- Resize an Image
- Adjust Image Appearance
- Integrate Pictures and Text
- Insert and Format Screenshots
- Insert Video
Unit 4 Creating Custom Graphic Elements
- Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Draw Shapes
- Add Word Art and Other Text Effects
- Create Complex Illustrations with Smart Art
Unit 5 Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Insert Building Blocks
- Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Unit 6 Controlling Text Flow
- Control Paragraph Flow
- Insert Section Breaks
- Insert Columns Link
- Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Unit 7 Using Templates
- Create a Document Using a Template
- Create a Template
Unit 8 Using Mail Merge
- The Mail Merge Features
- Merge Envelopes and Labels
- Create a Data Source Using Word
Unit 9 Using Macros
- Automate Tasks Using Macros
- Create a Macro