We are all aware of the dangers of stress in our lives. How many of us know the signs and symptoms in ourselves, and ways to prevent stress taking over our condition? It is important not only to recognize stress symptoms, but to know how to counteract the signs and regain balance in our lives. This 1-day course helps students to recognize stress, recognize how we place pressure on ourselves, and how to prevent stress from becoming destructive.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the nature of stress.
- Identify energy flows in the body.
- Manage change.
- Identify strokes, stamps, and feelings.
- Identify drivers and allowers.
- Use relaxation postures and other stress relievers.
- Manage stress using language choices.
- Relate work values to stress management.
- Develop healthy eating habits that reduce stress.
- Use eye relaxation techniques.
- Apply the language of the senses.
The Nature of Stress
Energy Flows In the Body
- Different Types of Energy
- Releasing Pressure
- Recognizing Excess Pressures
Managing Change – Individual Transitions
- Seven Stages of a Transition
- Transitions – What Research Has Shown
Strokes and Stamps
- What is a Stroke?
- Different Types Of Strokes
- How Do We Behave When We Have Bad Feelings?
Are You Under Stress?
- What is Stress?
- Where Does Stress Come From?
- Relaxation Posture
- Stress Relievers
Language – Recovering Choices
- Gathering Information
- Current Guidelines to Healthy Eating
Language of the Senses