Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2013 acts as a tool that assists you in managing your projects. In this course, you will create and modify a project plan. This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage these project plans.
Students enrolling in this class should have:
- An understanding of project management concepts.
- Knowledge of a Windows operating system.
- The following would be helpful, but are not required:
- Project Management Fundamentals Part 1 and 2
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the Microsoft Office Project environment and the various views in which you can survey a project file.
- Create a new project plan.
- Manage tasks by organizing them and setting task relationships.
- Manage resources for a project.
- Work with views and tables and filter and sort data.
Unit 1: Getting started
- Project management concepts
- The Project window
- Project files
Unit 2: Tasks
- Creating a task list
- Modifying a task list
- Monitoring progress
Unit 3: Task scheduling
- Task links
- Task relationships
- Task options
Unit 4: Resource management
- The base calendar
- Resources and calendars
- Project costs
Unit5: Tables and Views
- Working with views
- Working with tables
Unit6: Filters, groups and sorting
- Sorting tasks and resources
Unit 7: Finalising the task plan
- Finalising task schedules
- Handling resource conflicts