You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Participants will examine the twelve rules of likeability in small groups. Then, the large group will reconvene and discuss its conclusions.
There are seven main things that influence people in forming relationships. During this session, we will cover what those influences are and how participants can ensure they are a positive factor in your relationships.
Joe Luft and Harry Ingraham developed the Johari Window, a way of looking at our self-awareness and our ability to ask feedback of others. We will look at the Johari Window in detail during this session.
One of the most popular books ever written was Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People. We will spend this session looking at some of its tips.
The two most basic elements of good communication are asking questions and listening to others. We will cover both skills in depth during this session.
Did you know that your words convey only 7% of your message? We’ll discuss what the other 93% is made up of, and how you can ensure that your body is sending the same message as your words.
During this session, we will discuss some tips on mingling, including ways to remember peoples’ names.
During the important first few minutes of a new relationship, a handshake is usually the only body contact between two people. We will discuss and demonstrate the five key elements of a good handshake.
Being able to small-talk successfully is one of the most crucial skills a businessperson can develop, but it’s also one of the hardest. We’ll discuss some basic do’s and don’ts of small talk.
Once you have started a network of business associates, how do you organize your contacts? We will answer this question to wrap up the day.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.